The President’s got some s’plaining to do !! For those who’ve been following the Embassy attacks of 9/11 and then the assassinations of ambassador Chris Stevens, his computer aid Sean Smith, and 2 former Navy SEALS, Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, it was obvious that the President and his State Department were not on the same page. The statement released by the administration – The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims….” – was quickly retracted by the White House. Libyan President Mohammed el-Megarif, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and many administration officials have described what happened in Benghazi as a terrorist attack, yet the President still refuses to do so. Our agencies had plenty of intel to indicate that our officials in the Middle East would be in danger come the anniversary of 9/11 yet they never thought to share it with the ones who were in harm’s way. According to senior diplomatic sources, as reported by UK newspaper The Independent and others, our State Department had credible information at least 48 hours ahead of the attack in Benghazi that Americans and American missions might be targeted. Not a single warning was given to our diplomats, no “high alert” status was announced, security wasn’t upgraded, and personnel movement wasn’t restricted.
In the days leading up to the attack, ambassador Stevens notified the State Department that he feared there was a growing al Qaeda presence in Libya and even feared for his life. He believed that they were making him a target. Yet he was moved from the heavily-secure embassy in Tripoli to the unsecured compound in Benghazi, where he was a sitting duck for militants. To this day, the FBI has not been to the compound to investigate the assassination of Ambassador Stevens, Smith, Doherty, and Woods. We have been told that it’s too dangerous for them to go there. The FBI has yet to set foot in Benghazi. We have been told that it is too dangerous for them to go there. But we know that’s a bold-face lie. In just 3 days after the attack, CNN reporters had no problem sorting through the rubble that is now the US consulate. In fact, they found a hard cover journal containing 7 pages of hand-written notes by Ambassador Stevens (documenting his anxiety and suspicions). The journal revealed that he was aware of, and worried about, “the never-ending security threats” that he was facing in Benghazi, and specifically about “the rise in Islamic extremism” and “growing al Qaeda presence in Libya,” and “being on an al Qaeda hit list.” One has to wonder why the State Department didn’t do more to protect Ambassador Stevens and other U.S. personnel. [Perhaps it was a good thing that CNN found that journal before the government got its hands on it; otherwise, we would never have learned that Stevens feared for his safety and his life and the State Department had been aware of that].
I watch plenty of forensics and crime scene investigation shows and know that the general rule is that evidence is destroyed after 24 hours. By its absence, the FBI has made a decision not to investigate the death of our men. Low-life scumbag drug dealers and gang members are afforded more attention when they are gunned down than our ambassador, our computer expert, and our ex-Navy SEALS.
Craig Andresen wrote a hard-hitting piece about the “information that is evolving” and being released to us from the White House. He isn’t buying the government’s story that more information is needed before President Obama can officially label the fateful events in Libya on September 11 as a “terrorist attack.”
“On September 16th, Susan Rice, our U.N. Ambassador told us: ‘First of all, we had a substantial security presence with our personnel…with our personnel and the consulate in Benghazi. Tragically, two of the four Americans who were killed were there providing security. That was their function. And indeed, there were many other colleagues who were doing the same with them.’ Rice was speaking, of course, of Navy SEALS Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.
On September 20th we were told by administration officials: ‘The two former SEALS, Tyrone Woods, 41, and Glen Doherty, 42, were not employed by the State Department diplomatic security office and instead were what is known as personal service contractors who had other duties related to security. They stepped into action, however, when Stevens became separated from the small security detail normally assigned to protect him when he traveled from the more fortified embassy in Tripoli to Benghazi.’
Then, on September 23rd, we learned that: ‘Woods and Doherty were killed in the firefight at the annex, according to official reports.’ That annex, some 2 miles away from the Consulate compound where Ambassador Stevens and State Department official (computer expert) Sean Smith were murdered, was attacked in a second wave of the terrorist attack a couple of hours after the initial attack.”
It was amazing how the story evolved over 12 days. How did the State Department not know what its personnel were assigned to do? How was Secretary of State Hillary Clinton NOT notified immediately of the deaths of Smith, Woods and Doherty? (We all heard the reports that no one knew the whereabouts of Stevens for several hours). Wouldn’t she have gotten that “3:00 am phone call”? How was the State Department NOT quickly briefed on what happened as to the events as the violence unfolded? Glenn Beck has a theory. He believes Chris Stevens was a CIA agent and the administration is taking its time in order to cover up its complicity.
[The gist of Beck’s allegation is that the U.S. government surreptitiously dropped weapons into Libya during the uprising against the Gaddafi regime, but with extremist forces moving in and Libya teetering on the edge of complete chaos, it needed to get those weapons out of the country before they fell into the wrong hands. That was why Stevens was in Benghazi: He brokered the original deal and so he was sent in, with CIA handlers, to clean it up].
But there is no doubt that what happened in Benghazi on the night of September 11 was a terrorist attack. Many labeled it as such almost immediately. Within days after the attack, Libya’s president, Mohammed el-Megarif, went public to say that he believed al Qaeda was behind the deadly attack. In an exclusive interview with NPR in Benghazi, el-Megarif says foreigners infiltrated Libya over the past few months, planned the attack and used Libyans to carry it out. How did the administration handle his statement? Essentially it said that the Libyan president must be wrong and that it had better intel. A few days later, Jay Carney, the White House spokesperson said it was “self-evident” that the violence was a terrorist attack in a press briefing about a week after the attack. “It is our view as an administration, the president’s view, that it was a terrorist attack,” Carney told reporters. On September 21, Clinton addressed a group of reporters and told them: “What happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack” and promised that the U.S. would track down “the terrorists who murdered four Americans.”
Nineteen (19) days after the attack, Obama still refuses to use that language.
Despite what President Obama continues to profess (even before the United Nations), the attack was not a violent protest in response to a short video that disparages the prophet Mohammed. By all accounts (including actual footage), there were there were no protesters at the site before the attack. The protest had broken up about an hour before the attack began, which came in two assaults, first with rocket-propelled grenades on the consulate, then with mortars at a safe house. In an interview with NBC, Libyan president said that the anti-Islam film that sparked violent protests in many countries “had nothing to do with” a deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. He noted that the assault happened on September 11 and that the video had been available for months before that. El-Megarif noted that if it were really the case that the video sparked outrage, then the reaction would have happened months ago. “No, he said, “They chose this date, 11th of September to carry a certain message.”
Andresen’s article continued:
“We now know that this administration KNEW this was a terrorist attack within 24 hours of the attack. The State Department, under the guidance of Hillary Clinton would have known FULL WELL who was or, was NOT attached to Ambassador Stevens’ security detail. That means that the State Department and thus, the administration, before making a single statement regarding this attack, would have known full well that neither Doherty nor Woods were attached to Ambassador Stevens.
Is Obama waiting for intelligence to evolve or is he involved in a cover-up? While the Obama administration is calling it ‘Evolving’ Intel, I can tell you that what it really is — ‘DE-volving’ Intel. It’s scandalous.
Am I leaping to conclusions here? Ask yourself this before you answer: Why was our Embassy in the Bahamas more well protected on 9-11-2012 than was our Consulate and our Ambassador in Benghazi on that very same day???”
The American people are not getting the truth from this administration. They are hiding something. From this government’s involvement in the Arab Spring in Libya (and in Egypt as well), in the events leading up to the anniversary of 9/11, to the protests and attacks on 9/11 and the killing of Americans, and now to the suppression of information, the botched investigation, and refusal to acknowledge terrorist involvement……. the government is not being honest with the American people. In fact, it is acting as a rogue element, unanswerable to the American people and dedicated to a policy that will bring harm to us and to Israel, and will jeopardize our safety and security. It is emboldening our enemies, weakening our position, advancing the effectiveness of terrorism as a tactic, and putting the men and women who bravely step up to serve our country abroad recklessly in harm’s way.
Mark my words.. the only thing that will come out of the TARGETED DEATHS of Ambassador Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty, and Tyrone Wells in Libya on 9/11 by Islamists will be the eventual censorship of free speech here in OUR COUNTRY.
Craig Andresen, “Weekend Edition: Lies Upon Lies to Cover-Up Blood on His Hands,” The National Patriot, September 30, 2012. Referenced at: http://www.thenationalpatriot.com/2012/09/30/weekend-edition-lies-upon-lies-to-cover-up-blood-on-his-hands/
Andy Chalk, “Glenn Beck Claims Murdered EVE Player was CIA,” Escapist Magazine, September 28, 2012. Referenced at: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119854-Glenn-Beck-Claims-Murdered-EVE-Player-Was-CIA
Libyan President to NBC: Anti-Islam Film Had Nothing to Do with US Consulate Attack,” NBC News, September 26, 2012. Referenced at: http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/26/14105135-libyan-president-to-nbc-anti-islam-film-had-nothing-to-do-with-us-consulate-attack?lite
“Ambassador Stevens’ Journal Speaks from the Grave of Death Threats,” Larouche Pac, September 24, 2012. Referenced at: http://larouchepac.com/node/24012
Pingback: Mid Week Links (Different Than Weak Links) | What Would The Founders Think?